The Spot

With the word fresh in a restaurant's name, it better live up to the hype and Fresh Forage definitely does. At Fresh Forage fresh and colorful foods are a must. Throughout their menu you will find unique dishes that appeal to all eaters, which include gluten free, vegan, and vegetarian options. Coming up on 5 years, Fresh Forage was built on the principal of bringing vibrant food to the Ann Arbor community. First time restaurant owner Andrew Sereno is a University of Michigan grad himself and prides himself on catering to the unique demographics of U of M students. Fresh Forage regularly switches up their menu and includes seasonal favorites. They also have specials every week on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Chef Eddie's weekly specials are usually tests for possible new menu additions, which you may see on their new menu later this month. Sereno recently even opened up the restaurant in the mornings - cafe style. Fresh Forage is a new classic for Ann Arbor students but it is about a 20 minute drive from campus. Sereno hopes to open up a small store front in downtown Ann Arbor in order to have easier access for students. Keep checking Fresh Forage's social media for updates on a possible new storefront and downtown pop ups. 

What We Ate

After chatting with owner Sereno, we were able to try out some of their menu classics. Everything was served family style and we were able to build our own plates with their delicious food.

Jordan Dohrman

Deconstructed Mediterranean Bowl

Katerina Jonna

The mediterranean bowl is one of Fresh Forage's best sellers and this is definitely for good reason. The bowl is built with tahini-dressed kale, quinoa, lentils, za'atar cucumbers and tomatoes, spinach falafel, and beet hummus. Fresh Forage's falafel is definitely unique. Chef Eddie and his team make the falafel fresh daily in order to retain moisture and have a softer falafel. The bright purple hummus adds the perfect color and flavor to this bowl. Like Sereno's moto, this dish is healthy but filling and delicious.

Sweet Potato Nachos

Lindsey Smith

As a girl who is obsessed with cheese, vegan cheese tends to scare me but Chef Eddie has mastered a nacho cheese that does not "taste vegan". Fresh Forage's version of nachos are built on sweet potato chips and topped with black beans, roasted corn, pickled onion, green onion, guacamole salsa, and of course, vegan cheese. My favorite part of these nachos were the pickled red onions which add the perfect tangy flavor to the dish.  

Sicilian Sandwich

Lindsey Smith

While we loved everything we tried, this was definitely our team's favorite. The sandwich is topped with roasted tomatoes, sicilian pesto, whipped burrata, and arugula. The star of the show on this sandwich is definitely the combination of the fresh ciabatta and delicious pesto. Next time I visit Fresh Forage I am planning to add chicken to this sandwich to take it to the next level.

Fresh Side Salad

Katerina Jonna

While it may look similar to your typical side salad, the tangy balsamic strawberry dressing makes this salad unique. This salad which contains tomatoes, carrots, romaine, and shredded cabbage serves as the perfect side to any of their sandwiches.  

Thank You!!!

Thank you to the team at Fresh Forage for welcoming us into your restaurant for a sampling and to learn more about your business. We can't wait to learn more about future opportunities for Fresh Forage in downtown Ann Arbor. See you soon!