As a proper late '90s kid, I enjoyed watching iCarly growing up. To me, it was one of the funniest shows on television and one of my favorite characters was Carly's older brother, Spencer. He was always getting into antics and making weird remarks. In the end, he was a great caregiver for Carly and cooked interesting and delicious meals for her and her friends. The most famous? Spaghetti tacos.

My brother and I always wanted to try them growing up since they were such a staple on the show. I finally decided to make spaghetti tacos after all these years. The process was really simple and the results were better than expected. So, let's get into the recipe!

Spaghetti Tacos from iCarly

• 4 hard taco shells
  • 1/2 pound spaghetti
  • 1/2 jar sauce
  • 1/2 pound ground beef
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Parmesan cheese
Kaitlyn Mulligan

Boil a pot of water and preheat the oven to 350°F.

Kaitlyn Mulligan

Once the water is boiling, put the spaghetti in to cook. Begin cooking the ground beef in a pan and the sauce in a small pot over medium heat.

Kaitlyn Mulligan

After the oven is done preheating, place the shells on a pan to crisp up.

Kaitlyn Mulligan

Season the beef with salt and pepper. Once it's fully cooked, mix into the sauce and simmer.

Kaitlyn Mulligan

Cook the pasta until al dente. Then, drain and put back in the pot. Drizzle with olive oil. Mix the pasta with the meat sauce mixture.

Kaitlyn Mulligan

Build the tacos! Put the spaghetti in the taco shells and top with Parmesan cheese.

Kaitlyn Mulligan

The verdict? Surprisingly delicious! I expected these tacos to be mostly fun and not a ton of substance. But, the crunchy, meaty goodness was yummy. It made me so happy to make something I've always wanted to try.

Kaitlyn Mulligan

Overall, I probably wouldn't be able to eat this meal every day. However, it was definitely tasty, easy to make, and reminded me of my childhood. Spencer Shay knew what he was doing when he created spaghetti tacos. What a culinary marvel!

#SpoonTip: Spaghetti tacos are really messy! As you can imagine when you combine two messy foods, eating this results in a saucy face, taco shell pieces everywhere, and the need for lots of napkins.