When the first leaves fall from a tree, the fall decorations are unpacked, Halloweentown is played on repeat, crockpots are plugged in, and the baristas at Starbucks order pumpkin spice syrup in bulk. Something about pumpkin spice lattes reminds children and adults alike that fall is in the air—or at least in coffee cups. But fall brings more than just sweet pumpkin treats. Incredibly satisfying pumpkin soup and airy pumpkin puffs are sure to bring a good meal to the table.

But perhaps better than the quintessential cup of pumpkin coffee is a pumpkin cinnamon roll bake that will smell good and taste even better. The best part? It's cooked in a slow cooker. After all those midterms and assignments, you'll want nothing more than to dig into this delicious pumpkin snack. 

Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Bake

• Cook Time:2 hrs 15 mins
  • Total Time:2 hrs 35 mins

• 2 cans Grands cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 6 oz pumpkin purée
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Turn the slow cooker to its highest setting and melt the butter inside.

Samuel Willis

Tear the 10 cinnamon rolls apart while the butter is melting. Aim for about 40 to 50 pieces (about 4 to 5 pieces per cinnamon roll).

cinnamon, chocolate
    Samuel Willis

Toss the pieces in the melted butter once they've all been torn.
    #SpoonTip: Hands are the best tools for this.

Samuel Willis

Add the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice and mix. The butter and sugar will act as a syrup that keeps the dough from drying out.

cereal, sweet, herb
    Samuel Willis

Set the crockpot to its highest setting, and let it cook for about 2 hours and 15 minutes, but some crockpots cook differently. To check if it is done cooking, the very middle of this bake should be very soft, but not doughy.

sweet
    Samuel Willis

Mix together the icings from the cinnamon roll cans with the pumpkin purée and 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon. Feel free to add a bit of brown sugar if you don't want a strong pumpkin flavor. Drizzle on every single bite and enjoy.

chicken, cheese
    Photo by Samuel Willis
Hungry for more? Try out these pumpkin cinnamon rolls that will knock your Thanksgiving socks off. But for those who only have a crockpot and a love of pumpkin, this recipe is the one.  Crockpots are super convenient and easy to use, and can make incredible meals. This recipe is just one example. Not only do you get pumpkin, but all your pumpkin spice cinnamon roll dreams come true.