By now everyone has heard of McDonald’s All-Day Breakfast menu. If you live under a rock and somehow have not, it is a change that actually came about at the request of customers. The fast food institution now offers breakfast items such as McMuffins, McGriddles, and biscuits all day long, instead of only until 10:30 am. Long gone are the days you have to settle for a burger for breakfast at 11 am when you got out of bed for a McDonald’s Egg McMuffin.

It’s great that McDonald’s gave the people what they wanted, but sometimes you can’t get to McDonald’s. What if you didn’t have to leave the house to get your hands on the McD’s most iconic breakfast sandwich? You don’t! Make your very own egg McMuffin at home and save yourself the time, hassle and money of all day breakfast at Mickey D’s. This recipe brings your McMuffin to you.

Homemade Egg McMuffin

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:15 minutes
  • Total Time:20 minutes

• 1 english muffin
  • 1 slice ham
  • 1 egg
  • 1 slice cheese
Photo by Evan Caligor

Crack one egg in a muffin tin well, and then place tin into oven.

#SpoonTip: spray the tin with cooking spray to prevent the egg from sticking.

Gif by Evan Caligor

Cook egg in muffin tin for 10-15 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Gif by Evan Caligor

Assemble your Egg McMuffin by placing the ham, egg, and cheese, on your English muffin.

GIF By Evan Caligor

Enjoy.

GIF By Evan Caligor