Some people who come on this site love to cook, and others just love to eat. I’m here to tell you that if you’re the latter, I totally get you. Since I probably hate cooking even more than you do, I’ve come up with three banana-based recipes that are as healthy as they are ridiculously easy. With two ingredients max, you have no excuse not to give these a try.

Easy

Banana Pancakes

Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 13 minutes

Servings: 6 medium-sized pancakes

2 eggs
1 banana

1. Mash the banana and whip into the whisked eggs.
2. Pour onto a greased skillet and flip when they start to bubble.

Possible (still healthy) toppings include: any type of nut butter, vanilla Greek yogurt, honey and fruit. While these may not be what Jack Johnson had in mind when he sang about banana pancakes, they will definitely keep you satisfied during class.

Banana Oat Cookies

Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 19 minutes

Servings: 15 cookies

2 large bananas
1 cup oats

1. Mash the bananas and mix into the cup of oats.
2. Scoop fist-sized portions onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 15 minutes.

Alternatively you can eat the batter as a healthy snack. Feel free to mix in ingredients similar to what you can add to the pancakes. Other mix-in ideas include chocolate chips, crushed nuts and dried fruit.

Banana Whips

Banana

Photo by Amanda Shulman

Say goodbye to Hip City Veg, you can make better quality banana whips in your home!

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours, 10 minutes

Servings: 15 cookies

as many bananas as desired
milk as needed

1. Cut bananas into wheels and freeze for two hours.
2. After two hours, take the banana slices out of the freezer and put them into a food processor
3. Process until the bananas become smooth and take on a whipped consistency. You can add a little milk if the food processor gets dry.
4. Scoop and enjoy!

Note: These keep in the freezer for over a week.