Reese's are one of the most popular candies on the market, but one of the most densely caloric. All of that chocolate and peanut butter may taste good, but offers none of the nutrition needed to sustain your body.

But, there's an easier way to get this candy taste with one of the most popular super foods on the planet: chia seeds! These no-bake chia seed truffles have less fat and sugar than the traditional candy, but have added fiber and protein. Seems like a fair trade to me.

sweet, milk, chocolate, coffee
Shannon Carney

Here's what you'll need for these no-bake chia seed truffles:

Peanut Butter Chocolate No-Bake Chia Seed Truffles

• Cook Time:4 hrs
  • Total Time:4 hrs 10 mins

• 10-12 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 3 tablespoons chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Shannon Carney

Add the powdered peanut butter to your bowl one tablespoon at a time. The amount of peanut butter depends on the desired strength of flavor and the desired amount of total servings.

cookie, flour, sweet, wheat, cereal
    Shannon Carney

Add one scoop of vanilla protein powder to the same bowl.

cream, dairy product, coffee, sweet, wheat, milk, cereal
    Shannon Carney

Add chia seeds to the mixture in the same bowl, one tablespoon at a time. Be careful not to add too many seeds, as an excess of seeds will suck up all of the liquids in the rest of the recipe.

urad bean, coffee, cereal
    Shannon Carney

Add chocolate chips to the mixture. The amount of chocolate chips added to the mixture will depend on the size of the chips available (ex. you may need more mini chocolate chips than regular sized chocolate chips).

cereal, chocolate, coffee
    Shannon Carney

Add 1/2 cup water. If mixture is too runny, add more peanut butter powder or chia seeds.

coffee, beer, tea
    Shannon Carney

Stir mixture until well combined and store, covered, in the fridge for hours at a time.

espresso, chocolate, coffee
    Shannon Carney

After a few hours, shape the mixture with two spoons to form a truffle shape.

lamb
    Shannon Carney

Place the truffles back into the fridge to set.

peanut butter, cupcake, chocolate
    Shannon Carney

Remove from fridge and enjoy!

brownie, cookie, chocolate, butter, peanut, peanut butter
    Shannon Carney

Enjoy these truffles on the go, for breakfast, or as a late night snack!