Sometimes I get really sick of vegetables always tasting the same, so I experimented and came up with this roasted squash recipe that completely changes the way I used to season squash. Salt and pepper is a necessity, but doesn't elevate the squash quite like curry does. 

This recipe is just an adventurous way to change up your dinner routine, and takes only three simple steps. It is perfect for the summer and quick enough to make on a busy week night. 

Curry Roasted Butternut Squash

• 1 chopped up butternut squash
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 Tablespoon curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
carrot, pumpkin, potato, squash, sweet, sweet potato
Allison Curley

Chop up the butternut squash into small cubes and spread them onto a baking sheet. Coat and toss all of the squash in olive oil.

Allison Curley

In a separate bowl, combine curry powder, nutmeg, and salt and pepper. Sprinkle this on top of the coated squash and use your hands to toss it all together again.

mustard, curry, cinnamon, coffee, condiment
    Allison Curley

Put the squash in the oven and rotate the vegetables with a spatula every few minutes to make sure it cooks evenly.

pumpkin, potato, sweet, sweet potato
    Allison Curley

There is also a lot of variation you can do with this recipe depending on how you like your squash cooked. I put 10-minutes for the cook time because I like to my squash soft and chewy rather than crunchy and hard (all personal preferences). If you like it crunchier, be sure to cook it for less time. 

Regardless of how you cook it, you cannot go wrong with a season-packed squash this summer. I have had a lot of squash recipes with rosemary, salt and pepper, and even cayenne pepper, but never with the combination of nutmeg and curry powder. This roasted squash is a powerful side to compliment any protein that you choose to make and is easy to put together at dinner time in three simple steps.