Rice Krispie treats + peeps + A Easter egg = a whole lot of fun and festivity

Easter is a time of the year where you can load up on sweets and no one can judge you. How often do you get that chance? Halloween, Easter, Christmas, and maybe your birthday (although you may still get some judging stares across the dinner table from health freak Aunt Judy). So, why not take advantage of this great time of year?

These type of holidays make you feel like a kid again (I still refuse to believe that I’m technically an “adult”), which of course makes you want those traditional treats that you grew up eating during the holiday. There’s nothing better than taking one of your favorite classic desserts like Rice Krispie treats and making them into a treat that the Easter Bunny would hop all over.

You could stop at molding them into eggs, but why not go all the way? Peeps are the epitome of Easter candy and they make the treats colorful like spring. Not to mention the hidden surprise inside – it’s like an Easter egg hunt in your mouth.

Follow this simple recipe to relive your childhood and wow everyone in the process.

Colorful Rice Krispie Treat Easter Eggs

• Prep Time:0 minutes
  • Cook Time:15 minutes
  • Total Time:15 minutes
  • Servings:15 eggs

• 3 tablespoon Butter
  • 10 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
  • 25 Peeps
  • Plastic Easter Eggs
  • M&M's
Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Melt the butter in a large pan on low heat.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Set up the peeps in the pan, separated by color.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Stir the peeps until fully melted.

#SpoonTip: Make sure that the colors stay separated so they don’t mix and turn brown (because then these wouldn’t be colorful Rice Krispie treat eggs anymore).

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Pour in the Rice Krispies to the colorful mess of melted sugar.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Mix the Rice Krispies and melted peeps until the colors are evenly distributed.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Move the contents from the pan to a cookie sheet and flatten.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Use the plastic eggs to mold the Rice Krispie treats into eggs. Hollow the eggs slightly and add a few M&M’s.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Decorate if you please. Or just devour them right away. Your choice.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec

Enjoy.

Photo by Ondrej Nemec