As a little kid, nothing felt better than the sweet success of acquiring some kind of candy. Whether it was on Halloween or Easter, at a birthday party, or simply while out shopping with mom or dad, getting your hands on even one piece of candy made the whole day better. Honestly, with all the cool sweets that were on shelves in the ’90s and early 2000’s, who could blame us?

Well, now that we’re all a little older, we can get a little more creative. With the help of the four drink recipes below, you’ll be feeling nostalgic (and tipsy) in no time. 

Warheads Shot

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:5 minutes
  • Servings:1 shot

• 1/2 shot of blue curacao
  • 1/2 shot of citrus vodka
  • a bunch of Warheads candies
  • a few drops of lemon juice
Photo by Ethan Cappello

Start off by smashing up some Warhead candies for the rim of a single shot glass. The best way to do it by placing them inside of a kitchen towel (so they don’t fly everywhere) and using a kitchen mallet or something similar.

Photo by Ethan Cappello

When you’re done, line your shot glass with some lemon juice and press onto your crushed candy pile to line the rim.

Photo by Ethan Cappello

Next, fill your shot glass halfway with a citrus flavored vodka, and top the rest off with blue curacao. Top the shot off with a few drops of lemon juice to pack an extra sour punch.

Photo by Ethan Cappello

Sour Patch Kids Cocktail

• Prep Time:3 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:3 minutes
  • Servings:1 cocktail

• a handful of Sour Patch Kids
  • 1/2 cup Sprite or club soda
  • 1 shot of citrus vodka
  • 1 shot of blue curacao
Photo by Ethan Cappello

Start off by adding a bunch of sour patch kids to the bottom of a glass. Pour in one shot of citrus vodka and one shot of blue curacao.

Photo by Ethan Cappello

Top your drink off with about a half cup (or however much it takes to fill) of Sprite or club soda. Don’t forget to eat the booze-soaked Sour Patch Kids at the bottom of your glass!

Photo by Ethan Cappello

Pixy Stix Shot

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:5 minutes
  • Servings:1 double shot

• 1/2 a shot's worth of grenadine (chilled)
  • 1 1/2 shots of raspberry or orange vodka (chilled)
  • several Pixy Stix
  • a few drops of lemon juice
  • a few drops of blue or purple food coloring
Photo by Ethan Cappello

Before starting, make sure your grenadine and vodka are both chilled and waiting to be used either in your fridge or freezer. By having both liquids at the same temperature, and with the help of some food coloring, you will be able to make an ombré looking shot (which will look really cool!).

Once this is squared away, pour out a little of each Pixy Stix flavor, one right next to each other in a circle shape, onto a flat surface. Line the rim of a double shot glass with a few drops of lemon juice and press the rim onto the Pixy Stix powder.

Photo by Ethan Cappello

Next, add about a half shot’s worth of (chilled) grenadine.

Photo by Ethan Cappello

Next, in a separate bowl or cup, mix 1 1/2 shots of raspberry or orange vodka with a couple drops of blue or purple food coloring. This will the vodka stand out against the red of the grenadine. Once mixed, add it slowly to your lined shot glass.

Photo by Ethan Cappello

Peach Rings Cocktail

• Prep Time:3 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:3 minutes
  • Servings:1 cocktail

• a handful of peach rings
  • 1 shot of peach vodka
  • 3/4 cup pink champagne

Add a handful of peach rings to the bottom of a small glass.

Photo by Ethan Cappello

Add one shot of peach vodka to your glass, making sure that most of your peach rings are submerged.

Photo by Ethan Cappello

Top your drink off with about 3/4 cup (or however much it takes to fill) of pink champagne. Make sure to eat the boozy peach rings at the end!

Photo by Ethan Cappello