I’m late‘ seems to be a more and more recurrent problem for the majority of us. Hitting that first class in the morning or suffering a long commute without having breakfast is something that I swore I would never do again. So every recipe that I can make in bulk on Sundays and that I can just pull out of the fridge, reheat for a couple of minutes and bam!, breakfast is served, is my favorite kind of thing to cook. But I am also conscious that it can’t just be about saving time, but also about getting a decent amount of nutrients with your first meal. Come on.

Being healthy is the new trend, and I am all about enjoying good food that can also nurture my body. So here I have one of my favorite ways to eat eggs: in a muffin shape! With just a few ingredients, that you can absolutely customize to your liking, this is a recipe that’ll blow your mind.

Brown Rice Egg Cups

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:30 minutes
  • Total Time:40 minutes

• 2 cup cooked brown rice
  • 1 cup grated zucchini
  • 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
  • 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup diced ham
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Featured Image by Camila Bolívar

Get all your ingredients ready, because all you need to do is put them all in a bowl and stir, stir, stir. Remember, your rice should be already cooked, and you can substitute for white rice, quinoa, bastami, etc.

GIF by Camila Bolívar García

It is best if you whisk your eggs and whites before adding them to the rest of the ingredients. You don’t want to end up with some parts white and others yellow.

GIF by Camila Bolívar García

Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes and, if you can handle yourself, let them cool a bit before digging in.

GIF by Camila Bolívar García