There seems to be no demographic that enjoys brunch quite as much as college women. Each weekend, my Instagram and Snapchat feeds are filled with photographs from one bottomless brunch to the next. As a college woman myself, I am no exception to this claim. While I’ve tried most popular Atlanta brunch restaurants – Whiskey Bird, Sun in my Belly, General Muir, and Beetlecat are a few of my favorites – I’m partial to the at-home brunch: the perfect environment for close company, homemade cocktails, a personalized playlist, and a customizable menu. Through my experience hosting brunches for my family members and friends, I’ve found some go-to brunch recipes for my rotation. I present to you: the recipes you need to craft the perfect brunch. 

Recipe 1: Strawberry French Toast Bake

A French Toast Bake is THE brunch essential. This dish can be made ahead, serves a crowd, and always garners quite a few compliments. For this recipe, I put everything together the night before, store in the refrigerator overnight, and simply put in the oven the morning of while I’m preparing other dishes. However, this ease is no indication of taste; this strawberry French toast bake is one of my most-complimented dishes—and certainly a personal favorite. I found this recipe through a favorite blogger of mine: Sally’s Baking Addiction. With generous amounts of cream cheese and powdered sugar, this recipe doubles as a dessert recipe – or if you’re like me, an anytime-of-day recipe. (P.S. Leftovers go perfectly with a cup of coffee!)

Recipe 2: Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs 

Lox is a top ten favorite food of mine. As someone who could eat smoked salmon nearly every day—and fortunately have friends and family who could do the same—it is a must for every brunch I host. While the classic bagel and lox combo is delicious, smoked salmon eggs are an elevated (some may say, “fancier”) version. I found this recipe in the cookbook “eggs” by Jodi Liano back in middle school, and it has remained a staple for me in the years since. I’ve tested a number of similar recipes but Jodi Liano’s recipe’s key ingredient, cream cheese, raises it well above the others. This is the one recipe in my rotation that makes every single brunch menu. It’s that good.

Recipe 3: Peach Mascarpone-Stuffed French Toast

If you’re looking to impress your guests without advanced cooking skills or lengthy time requirements, this peach mascarpone French toast recipe is the way to go. While I’m normally hesitant to try recipes from online recipe sites and tend to rely more on trusted cookbooks and favorite chefs, this recipe from All-Recipes does not disappoint. This recipe makes a perfect addition to a mid-summer brunch when peach season is in full swing, combining bread, mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, lemon zest, and fresh peaches – what’s not to like? With the name and flavor, your friends will likely think you spent hours in the kitchen, but in reality, this few-ingredient dish is quick and easy — you can thank me later.

Recipe 4: Southern Biscuit

I’ve never been a huge Southern breakfast fan. The thought of heavy dishes like grits or biscuits and gravy never seemed like the ideal way to kick off the day. However, when I made this biscuit recipe for my dad’s birthday several years ago, I had a slight change of heart. These biscuits by Food Network’s Alton Brown are buttery, flaky, and delicious—and surprisingly easy. While I typically pair these biscuits with soft scrambled eggs, they also pair well with jam, and I’m sure gravy, if you’re into that. 

If you're anything like me, brunch is likely the highlight of your weekend. While it's fun to go explore the brunch options in your city, hosting a brunch at home is a fun way to switch things up. In order to do so, I've provided you with some of my favorite brunch recipes which are sure to please a crowd.