The word "raw" isn't the most appetizing when it comes to describing dessert. If you can't cook something more than 115 degrees Fahrenheit, and it doesn't contain any butter, eggs, or other animal products, can it even taste as delicious as a piece of rich chocolate cake? These recipes prove that raw vegan desserts can be absolute showstoppers. They'll please a crowd that likes everything from carrot cake to cheesecake.  

#SpoonTip: If you'd like more info what raw vegan means, here are the basics of the raw vegan diet. 

1. Carrot Cake with Cashew Cream Frosting

Made with oat flour, pistachios, walnuts, and a creamy cashew frosting, this carrot cake provides nutrition and richness. Dates, pineapple, and coconut give it a natural sweetness that satisfies any sugar lover.

2. Banana Cream Pie

Fans of banana will love this raw vegan version of banana cream pie. Loaded with bananas and topped with coconut whipped cream, it's a refreshing and tropical dessert. Add a caramel drizzle for an even more dressed up version.

3. Vegan Chocolate Silk Pie

Chocolate lovers can still enjoy vegan desserts, especially this chocolate silk pie. Don't fear the silken tofu in the filling, because it makes it extra creamy and delicious. Fresh strawberries or raspberries complement the richness well and are worth a try.

4. Raw Tiramisu

Reinventing the traditional Italian dessert can't taste any better. Ladyfingers made with walnuts and dates add a healthy twist in this raw tiramisu recipe. 

5. Vegan Lemon Bars

There's no refined sugar in these refreshing lemon bars. The best version of these uses coconut butter to temper the tartness of the lemons and turn the bars into a perfectly sweet afternoon snack or dessert. 

6. Coconut Twix Bars

Candy lovers can still enjoy their caramel and chocolate desserts even if they're raw vegan. The best trick this Twix recipe provides is vegan caramel made with cashew butter, which is definitely something to keep for future raw vegan desserts.

7. Vanilla Caramel Coconut Donut Holes

Donuts that aren't fried or baked? You can eat as many of these vanilla caramel coconut donut holes without greasy hands or fingers coated in sugar. In order to keep the doughy texture, this recipe uses rolled oats in the base.

8. Cranberry Creme Tarts

These cranberry creme tarts are quite the showstopper with their bright pink filling. A secret ingredient makes the color pop even more, and an optional sprinkle of black sesame seeds looks like chocolate sprinkles.

9. Caramel Apple Tart

The caramel apples combined with the maple filling make this raw apple tart taste like the inside of a sticky bun. Any cravings for a sweet and nutty dessert will be satisfied with the warming flavors of this dessert.

10. Pumpkin Spice Brownies

These triple layer brownies pack a punch with a pecan-raisin brownie base, a pumpkin pie frosting, and a cinnamon chocolate drizzle. These brownies are the best, and healthiest, combination of pumpkin and chocolate.

11. Matcha Swirl Cheesecake

Matcha may be an acquired taste, but for those who enjoy it this matcha cheesecake is the perfect raw vegan dessert to serve. Make sure to add the melted coconut oil to make the filling extra creamy.

From chocolate to fruity treats, these raw vegan desserts will please vegans and non-vegans alike. Many of these recipes are versatile, too, so try substituting different crusts and fillings to create your own masterpiece.