Medium

Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: about 30 minutes
Servings: 2-3

2 bunches of rapini (broccolini)
(1) 8-oz. package of buckwheat soba
6 cloves crushed garlic
1 heaping tablespoon of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
3 tablespoons of toasted sesame oil
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/8 cup reduced sodium tamari
1/8 cup mirin
Sea salt
Sesame seeds
1 lime (1/2 lime per serving)

1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook noodles according to package instructions.

gluten-free

Photo by Alyssa DiFrancesco

2. When the noodles are done, drain and rinse well under hot water.

gluten-free

Photo by Alyssa DiFrancesco

3. Wash the rapini and trim ½ inch off the ends, then cut into one-inch pieces, leaving some of the leaves.

4. In a large frying pan, combine four cloves of crushed garlic, fresh ginger, two tablespoons of sesame oil, a giant pinch of sea salt, green onions and ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (you may add more later on if you’re into super spicy food like me). Sauté in a frying pan over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently until softened.

gluten-free

Photo by Alyssa DiFrancesco

5. Add the rapini to the frying pan and mix well. To cook the rapini, stir frequently until it’s softened to your taste preference (I prefer it a little on the crunchy side).

6. In a small bowl, combine tamari, mirin, one tablespoon sesame oil and two cloves of crushed garlic.

gluten-free

Photo by Alyssa DiFrancesco

7. Add the noodles and tamari mixture to the frying pan with the rapini. Cook for one additional minute.

8. Garnish with sesame seeds and a squeeze of lime. Add more red pepper flakes to taste for a little more heat!

gluten-free

Photo by Alyssa DiFrancesco

Check out these related articles: