A few years back, my family purchased a Vitamix, which is honestly the best blender of all time. Not only can it make smoothies and soups, but it can also make things like hummus, nut butters, and sauces. I decided to make my own recipe for homemade hummus using only a few simple and fresh ingredients. The Vitamix blender is so easy to use, all you have to do is throw everything in and blend until ready to serve.

Red Pepper Pesto Hummus

• Cook Time:0

• 2 cups baby spinach
  • 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
  • 2 cups chick peas
  • 1 roasted red pepper jarred is fine
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 Tablespoon Le Grand Pesto
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
vegetable, meat, sauce
Allison Curley

Add all of the above ingredients to the Vitamix. Blend for at least 2 minutes until smooth and combined.

Allison Curley

With fresh and flavorful ingredients, this homemade hummus can be made in less than 10 minutes and in one simple step. It is a great party snack that can be prepared just minutes before guests arrive. It is also super healthy and made with less oil than most grocery store brands of hummus.

Homemade hummus is an easy way to use a lot of the ingredients in your refrigerator, while also making it specific to your favorite flavors. I used pesto and red pepper because I love both these flavors of hummus, but they are rarely put together in the store. I decided to combine them, which gives this hummus the red and green coloring. 

Put it on pita bread or chips, vegetables, or salted basil crackers like I did. It goes great with anything, even on a sandwich. The best part is that you don't even need that many chick peas, only about one can. This hummus is bursting with fresh flavor, and the Vitamix makes it a super quick recipe.