In my opinion, the best part of making any meal is preparing the side dishes. There are so many options and even more ways to prepare them. Sugar snap peas often get overlooked when it comes to side dishes, but they are so rich in vitamins and high in fiber. And not only do they boost your immunity, they taste good too! We should definitely give peas some more credit. Get ready for the tastiest, easiest, and quickest side dish you will ever make. 

Ginger-Garlic Sugar Snap Peas

• 12 ounces sugar snap peas fresh or frozen 
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic 
  • 1 tablespoon ginger paste 
  • 1 tablespoon honey 
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce 
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil 
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Mareesa Ahmad

Pour the soy sauce into the honey and whisk them together until smooth and silky.

Mareesa Ahmad

Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pan on medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and let the flavors marry by stirring for a few minutes.

Mareesa Ahmad

Once the garlic and ginger start to brown a little, add the soy sauce and honey mixture and stir just for a few seconds. It's important that you don't cook the sauce for too long because it will start to burn and since the sauce is brown already...it will be hard to tell when it's burning.

Mareesa Ahmad

Add the sugar snap peas and mix until every pea is coated. Stir for about 7 minutes on medium heat if you would like to keep the crunch of the peas. If you want softer peas, cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the peas reach your desired texture.
    SpoonTip: If you use fresh snap peas, don't forget to remove the strings. If you use frozen, allow enough time to thaw before cooking.

Mareesa Ahmad

Serve and eat immediately.

Mareesa Ahmad

SpoonTip: Top these sugar snap peas with a nice fillet of salmon, cod, baked chicken, or even rice. This is a great healthy preparation of sugar snap peas and definitely a recipe we should all hold onto as we attempt to stick to our New Year's Resolutions.