Whether you’re hosting a pre-game, contributing food to a tailgate or just want something delicious to snack on during an afternoon of studying, Puppy Chow is the way to go. This snack is a prime choice because it is easy to make, easy to carry around and, most importantly, easy to eat. It’s as sweet as it is crunchy, so savor it while it lasts and don’t be surprised if one serving somehow turns into 18.
Adapted from Chex Mix
Total Time: 15 minutes
9 cups Chex Mix cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Measure out Chex Mix cereal into a large bowl.
2. In another bowl, measure out chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute and then stir. Microwave on high for another 30 seconds.
3. Stir vanilla into the chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter mixture.
2. Pour the contents of the microwave bowl over the Chex Mix. Stir together until cereal is evenly coated.
3. Pour into one large resealable plastic bag. Add powdered sugar, seal the bag, and then shake until the powdered sugar evenly coats every piece.