Tis the season for pumpkin spice and all things nice. But what's better than pumpkin? Adding bacon to it! Take your favorite pumpkin spice latte flavor and make it into a donut. Combining a sweet and savory treat together will not only will you wow your friends, but they'll be begging you for the recipe. 

Pumpkin Spice Latte Bacon Donuts

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
  • 1¼ cups confectioners' sugar
  • 3 tablespoons espresso
  • 3 slices bacon chopped
cheese, cinnamon, cream cheese
Photo by Katie Elliott

Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a donut pan with cooking spray and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, milk and butter. Beat on low speed until the batter is thick and a little sticky.

GIF by Katie Elliott

Transfer batter to a piping bag or a large ziplock bag with the end cut off.
    Pipe the batter into the pan, filling about ½ of the way up. Bake for 10-14 minutes, checking periodically. Immediately transfer to a wire rack and let cool slightly.

GIF by Katie Elliott

Mix together confectioners' sugar and espresso until you have a smooth but slightly thick frosting. Dip or drizzle the frosting on top of the donut.

GIF by Katie Elliott

Dip or drizzle the frosting on top of the donut.

GIF by Katie Elliott

Add cooked bacon bits to the frosting and enjoy!

GIF by Katie Elliott