It's only natural that you would think of having smoothies in the summer and pumpkin pie in the fall, so the idea of a pumpkin pie smoothie might seem pretty weird. After all, when it's hot outside, of course you would want a nice cold smoothie, just like you'd want a warm slice of pie to finish off your Thanksgiving meal.

coffee, tea, sweet, milk, jam
Ashleigh Monaco

But what if I told you that this smoothie that can satisfy both your warm and cold weather cravings? Yes, it will make you cold during the cooler months, but it will get you in the perfect mood for the holidays.

Such a smoothie exists, and it tastes like liquefied pumpkin pie. So get out your blender, get some blankets, and put on a sweatshirt. It may be thirty degrees outside, but you're about to have a pumpkin pie smoothie for breakfast.

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl

• Cook Time:0

• 2-3 frozen bananas
  • 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 tablespoon almond butter
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • Unsweetened original almond milk
  • Maple syrup or honey to taste optional
meat, vegetable, beef, goulash
Ashleigh Monaco

Throw all of the ingredients into your blender or food processor. Be sure to add the frozen bananas first (it helps make the blending easier). For a smoothie bowl, add only a small amount of almond milk. For a regular smoothie, add about 1/2 cup.

cinnamon
    Ashleigh Monaco

Blend until it's smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings/ ingredients as needed.

coffee, butter, espresso, peanut butter
    Ashleigh Monaco

If making a smoothie bowl, pour the smoothie into a bowl of your liking. A pumpkin bowl is optional, but I highly recommend for added cuteness and festivity.

egg, egg yolk, tea, sweet
    Ashleigh Monaco

Add whatever toppings you'd like. I did an apple, some dates, almond butter, and some homemade cinnamon granola I had on hand. Other delicious toppings would be shredded coconut, banana slices, and walnuts.

cream, pumpkin, soup, sweet
    Ashleigh Monaco

Wrap yourself in a blanket and enjoy!

vegetable, meat, beef
    Ashleigh Monaco