This fall, I've been trying to increase my protein intake to help me get stronger in my training. I have been drinking protein shakes and focusing on meat instead of carbs, but I was still struggling to find something sweet to eat that also had protein in it. That's when I got it. I wanted to incorporate protein into my favorite treat and make protein packed cookies.

These oatmeal peanut butter cookies, adapted from TruNut's Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe, are made with Tru Nut Peanut Butter Flour instead of regular flour. Peanut flour is made from peanuts that have been roasted and then processed to have a low-fat content. Peanut flour also has over 50% more protein than regular flour.

This cookie recipe mixes three of my favorite things, chocolate, oatmeal, and peanut butter, and turns them into a delicious dessert. One batch of these cookies has over 50 grams of protein, making them a perfect high protein late night snack! 

Protein Packed Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

• 1 cup Tru-Nut Peanut Flour or Powdered Peanut Butter
  • 3/4 cup oatmeal
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 10 tbsp butter softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Rachael Stockel

Preheat the oven to 350° and lay out all of your ingredients.

Rachael Stockel

In a medium sized bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and mix them together (I recommend only 1/2 a scoop of protein powder because the flour has enough protein in itself, but add as much as you want).

Rachael Stockel

Then, add vanilla, the egg, and the butter. Mix until all ingredients are evenly combined.

Rachael Stockel

Finally, add the chocolate chips.

Rachael Stockel

Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes. After that, roll the dough into cookies on a baking sheet and press it down. Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Rachael Stockel

Once the cookies are done, let them cool for about 5 minutes.

Rachael Stockel

Serve and enjoy!

Rachael Stockel

Ditch the protein shake because these cookies are the perfect high protein treat. Even if you aren't trying to increase your protein intake, these cookies are still a great treat to be enjoyed by all.