Recipe by Karen Rosenbloom, for the Brainfood event in collaboration with Spoon University X TABASCO® Brand.

With sweet heirloom tomatoes and creamy burrata, this Prosciutto Caprese Sandwich is the epitome of a good time. It’s also the sandwich that made me TikTok famous with more than four million views.

Not only is the sandwich delicious, it’s satisfying to make — who doesn’t love slicing a perfectly round ball of burrata? This Prosciutto Caprese Sandwich can be taken to the next level with TABASCO® Brand Chipotle Sauce.

You can use Classic TABASCO® Brand Sauce in this recipe, but I prefer using the Chipotle Sauce, because its smoky flavor perfectly compliments the smokiness of the prosciutto.

Prosciutto Caprese Sandwich

• Prep Time:10 secs
  • Cook Time:5 secs
  • Total Time:15 secs

• 2 slices sourdough bread
  • 3 tbsp pesto store bought is fine
  • 1 ball burrata cheese
  • 1 sliced heirloom tomato
  • 6 slices thinly shaved prosciutto
  • 1/3rd cup baby arugula
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp TABASCO® Brand Chipotle Sauce.
  • Salt and pepper to taste.
Karen Rosenbloom

Toast the sourdough bread until golden brown, then immediately spread pesto onto both pieces.

On one slice of bread, add the burrata cheese, sliced in half, allowing it to evenly cover the surface.

On top of the burrata, add the sliced heirloom tomato, season with salt and pepper. Layer the prosciutto on top of the tomatoes.

Add on the arugula, then finish the sandwich by drizzling extra virgin olive oil, and TABASCO® Brand Chipotle Sauce on top.

Cover with the second piece of toasted bread, and enjoy.

TIKTOK: @KARENS_COOKING IG: @KAREN_EATS