What's better than butter, jam, and freshly baked pastries on a cold winter morning?

These popovers are light, airy and can be easily filled with jam, butter, or anything you have in your fridge! They can be either paired with sweet or savory items, and they will always taste delicious.

Emily Sabia

With just five ingredients, it's impossible not to give them a try. These popovers can be made with a regular muffin (with a slightly longer baking time), but I recommend buying a popover pan for best results. Although it might be a slight investment to buy the pan, you will love making them once you start!

The popovers are best eaten within the hour, but they can be reheated in the oven for a couple minutes. 

Tips & Tricks To Get Your Popovers To Pop Over

- Make sure everything is room temperature or warm

- Preheat the pan on top of the sheet pan is a MUST!

- Trust the process (I know you might want to check the popovers' progress, but don't open the oven until they're ready)

- Make sure to whip enough air into the batter

Popovers

• 2 large eggs room temp
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1 tablespoon butter melted + extra for greasing the pan
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Emily Sabia

In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with a balloon whisk until lighter in color and frothy.

Microwave milk for 30 seconds until lukewarm and add to eggs. Whisk vigorously for a minute to incorporate air into the mixture. Repeat the same process when separately adding the one tablespoon of melted butter, AP flour, and salt.

Preheat oven to 450° with popover pan on top of sheet pan.

Let mixture rest while oven is heating up.

Once oven is preheated, lightly grease/brush melted butter into popover pan (should sizzle and brown).

Whisk the batter on more time, then fill the popover cups ½-3/4 of the way with batter.

Bake at 450° for 15-16 minutes. Then, without opening the oven, lower the temperature to 350° and bake for another 15 minutes.

Emily Sabia

Take out of pan immediately, make a slit in the side to release steam and eat fresh.

Emily Sabia