Everybody loves pizza. It’s versatile, convenient, and above all, delicious. After a while, though, it can get a little boring. I mean, how many times can you have a plain cheese pizza and feel just as excited as the first time you ever feasted on one of those gooey cheesy slices?

So, I present to you polenta pizza.The all new way to enjoy your favorite food, and it’s even gluten free. Take one bite, and you’ll simply never be satisfied with your plain pizza again.

Medium

Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 85 minutes

Servings: 4-5

4 cups water
1 cup quick cooking polenta
1 pinch sea salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup marinara sauce
1/2 cup goat cheese, sliced into thin rounds
1 cup mushrooms (optional)
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted (optional)
1 bunch fresh basil leaves, without stems

1. Preheat the oven to 400° F, and boil the water in a medium pot.

Polenta Pizza

Photo By Jacky Falkenberg

2. Add the salt and the polenta to the boiling water, and stir with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes, or until polenta is creamy and water is fully absorbed.

Polenta Pizza

Photo by Jacky Falkenberg

3. Take the polenta off the stove, and transfer to a bowl to cool completely. (This should take about 3o minutes).

Polenta Pizza

Photo by Jacky Falkenberg

4. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over a baking sheet, and pat the polenta into sheet to your desired thickness. I opted for a thicker crust.

5. Spread the last tablespoon of olive oil over the top of the polenta and bake for 15 minutes.

6. Once the polenta starts to darken, remove from the oven, and let it sit for 5 minutes.

Polenta Pizza

Photo by Jacky Falkenberg

7. Cover in marinara sauce, goat cheese, and sprinkle on any desired toppings.

Polenta Pizza

Photo By Jacky Falkenberg

8. Return to the oven for 35-40 minutes or until pizza is slightly browned.

9. Remove from oven, add fresh basil, and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.

10. Enjoy!