Spoon University Logo
Recipes

How To Make Pizza Planet Pizza From ‘Toy Story’

The following recipe and excerpt for Pizza Planet Pizza are from “PIXAR: The Official Cookbook” by S. T. Bende and Tara Theoharis. It’s available for purchase on Amazon.

Pizza Planet is Andy’s favorite restaurant for a reason. Not only does it have amazing pizza to eat and countless games to play, it’s also designed to look like a real galactic space station — the home of Andy’s newest (and most exciting!) toy, Buzz Lightyear. Pizza Planet Pizza is a classic pizza dish that evokes all the flavors of Andy’s go-to treat. With five types of cheese and a vast array of seasonings, this recipe will have diners reaching for another slice—no claw required. Next stop, Pizza Planet!

Pizza Planet Pizza

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 30 minutesCook time: 45 minutesTotal time:1 hour 20 minutesServings:1 servings

Instructions

1. Make the pizza dough: Place the water, honey, and yeast into the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook and let rest for 10 minutes, or until the yeast begins to froth. Add the flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and olive oil to the bowl and mix for 10 minutes or until dough is firm and elastic. Place the dough into an oiled bowl, cover with a damp towel, and let rise for 45 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
  2. Make the sauce: Mix the tomato sauce, water, sugar, basil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and pepper together in a small saucepan and cook, covered, over medium heat until it starts to boil (about 1 to 2 minutes). Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Cool in the refrigerator until room temperature. (You’ll only use half the sauce for this recipe.)
  3. Make the pizza: Preheat the oven to 450°F and oil a pizza pan or baking sheet. With floured hands, punch the pizza dough down and form a disc. Slowly stretch the dough into a large circle by holding one edge and continuing to rotate along the edge, letting gravity stretch it downwards. Continue until the pizza crust is 12 to 14 inches in diameter and even in thickness. Place onto the pizza pan or baking sheet.
  4. Place 1/2 cup of sauce in the middle of the pizza crust and use the back of a spoon to lightly spread it around the rest of the crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Mix the cheddar, mozzarella, provolone, Gouda, and Parmesan cheeses together and sprinkle evenly on top of the sauce. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
  5. Remove the pizza from the oven and transfer onto a cutting board. Let sit for a few minutes and
    cut into 8 pieces.

Notes

• Special tools needed: Pizza pan (or large baking sheet) and cutting board Pizza cutter, mezzaluna, or large knife.
Keywords:Cheddar, Cheese, Dinner Recipes, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Pizza
Giselle Medina is the associate editor for Spoon University where she helps oversee food coverage of news, pop culture, trends, and celebrities. As someone with a huge sweet tooth, she's always on the hunt for a good chocolate chip cookie. Shoot her an email at gisellemedina@hercampus.com or follow her @giselle_medinaa.