Here’s a riddle for you — what is Indian, sweet, and a little nutty? If you guessed a romantic comedy from Bollywood, you wouldn’t be wrong, but I’m talking about Pistachio Kulfi Pops. These delectable little morsels can easily be made in lieu of ice cream and are a great way to add some variety to your dessert routine (we all have one, right?). You don’t have to shake a bag for hours to make them either. These go great with Greek yogurt, honey, and Netflix account. Here’s how you can make them.

Pistachio Kulfi Pops

• Cook Time:20 hrs
  • Total Time:20 hrs 15 mins

• 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
  • 4 Earl Grey tea bags
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
  • 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • Handful finely chopped pistachios plus extra for garnish
milk, cake, sweet, dairy product, chocolate, cream
Photo by Clayton Hribar

Take 1 12oz. can of evaporated milk and empty it into a pan. Bring the milk to a simmer so that tiny bubbles form around the edges.

Gif by Clayton Hribar

While the evaporated milk is making its way to a simmer, take four bags of Earl Grey tea and empty the tea leaves into a bowl.

Gif by Clayton Hribar

Take the Earl Grey tea leaves and add them, along with some Cardamom into the now simmering evaporated milk. Cover and allow to steep for 10 minutes.

Gif by Clayton Hribar

Next, strain the evaporated milk away from the Earl Grey tea leaves and the Cardamom. Thankfully, I really like coffee and was able to use a French Press to do this. But get creative because you're broke and in college.

Gif by Clayton Hribar

Mix in the condensed milk and heavy cream. Also, add in all of the pistachios that you haven't yet eaten. Then pour the mixture into an ice tray. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze. Toothpicks optional.

Gif by Clayton Hribar

You went the extra mile. You actually made a dessert. Now you get to savor your creation... and isn't it just that much sweeter? Yup.

Gif by Clayton Hribar