For many people, making someone a nice meal is the best way to show love. Receiving a thoughtful meal shows that someone cared enough to put time and energy into something to make you happy. A shared meal is also one of the best times to connect with someone. I hope you use one of these pink Valentine's Day recipes to sit down with someone you care about and bond over good food.  

Bayley Needham

Banana Berry Smoothie

• Cook Time:0

• 1 cup frozen berries
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup greek yogurt
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • Ice
Bayley Needham

Throw all your ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth!

*Tip: If you have extra, save it in the freezer to have as a smoothie bowl in the future!*

This is the perfect way to start your Valentine's Day morning. This creamy, tart, and sweet smoothie will set you up with potassium and antioxidants to have an amazing day.

Caprese Salad

• Cook Time:0

• 2 large tomatoes
  • 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese
  • Drizzle olive oil
  • Drizzle balsamic vinegar
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Fresh basil
Bayley Needham

Slice your tomatoes and mozzarella into thin slices and arrange them alternating between the two.

Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.

Finish with a few leaves of fresh basil.

(And if you want to be extra like me, have fun cutting your mozzarella slices into hearts!)

If you're like me and love simple recipes, this Caprese salad is perfect for you! The mix of fresh and juicy tomatoes with rich and creamy mozzarella is the best way to spruce up any Valentine's Day table. 

Beet Pesto Pasta

• 1 cup red beets washed and cubed
  • 4 cloves garlic smashed
  • 1/4 cup almonds
  • 1 cup shredded parmesan plus more for garnish
  • 10 fresh basil leaves plus more for garnish
  • Juice ½ lemon
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 1 lb cooked pasta
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Bayley Needham

Preheat your oven to 450º F, wrap each beet in foil, and place on a baking sheet. Bake the beets for about 40 minutes or until they are soft enough to be easily pierced with a fork or knife. Remove the beets from the oven and let them cool uncovered for 5 minutes.

Once the beets are cool enough to handle, use a spoon (or a towel if you don't mind it being stained pink for eternity) to peel away the skin. Chop the beets into roughly 1-inch cubes to fit into your food processor.

In a food processor add the beets, garlic, walnuts, shredded parmesan, black pepper, and basil. Pulse 3 times. Next, put the processor on high and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Blend the ingredients together until they form a thick, creamy vibrant pink sauce. Pour the beet pesto over cooked pasta, and toss to combine.

Divide the pasta between 6 plates (or as much as you see fit) and garnish with torn fresh basil and parmesan or goat cheese.

*Tip: Smaller basil leaves have more flavor*

The most show-stopping, yet simple bright pink Valentine's recipe inspired by Meiko's Spaghetti with Pink Pasta Sauce. If this dish doesn't make you fall in love love, I don't know what will. 

Pink Perfection

Whether you're planning for a special date night or chilling on your couch and watching Netflix, spice up your Valentine's Day with some antioxidant-rich, deliciously pink treats! Your body and mind will thank you as you show yourself some much-deserved love. Happy Valentine's Day!