With cooler weather lingering in the air, even in sunny California, the sweet decadent flavors of the holidays are slowly starting to fill the kitchen. Nothing makes a cozy winter day better than the sweet smell of cinnamon escaping from a warm oven. This granola combines crunchy, hearty texture with a touch of sweetness to make for the perfect everyday snack. A go-to daily topping for morning yogurt and the type of snack that you and your friends will find yourselves eating by the handful.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings: 3 cups
3-4 cups of rolled oats
1 cup almonds [or other nut of your choice]
1-2 cups of seeds or nuts of your choice
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons butter [melted]
2 tablespoons light olive oil
¼ cup water
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons honey
1 beaten egg white
1. Heat oven to 325 °F.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Lay out mixture on a well-greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 45 minutes or until lightly brown.
5. Let sit out for 40 minutes to cool.
6. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.