I don't know about you, but hands down, one of my favourite treats is chocolate. Any form, any flavour—I'll take it. Combine it with peppermint, and my knees go weak. Legit.

If you're like me and have a deathly sweet tooth, you gotta make these vegan and gluten-free peppermint patties. These peppermint patties are perfect for when you have a craving but you don't want to succumb to the freshmen fifteen. For reals, they don't even taste vegan OR gluten-free.

Vegan GF Peppermint Patties

• Cook Time:0

• 1/2 cup raw cashews
  • 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
  • 4 tablespoons agave nectar
  • 2 tablespoons coconut milk or any other vegan milk your choice
  • 1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
  • 3/4 cups dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil doesn't have to be melted
chocolate, peanut butter, peanut, butter
Photo by Jessie Durand

Soak the raw cashews overnight in a bowl of water. If you have a strong blender, this step isn't needed, but I'd highly recommend doing so for the creamiest results possible.

Photo by Jessie Durand

The next morning, drain and thoroughly rinse the cashews.

nut, cashew
    Photo by Jessie Durand

Blend the soaked cashews, melted coconut oil, agave, and coconut milk until smooth. I used a Nutri Bullet blender, and it only took a minute or two.

milk, coffee, cream, tea, espresso
    Photo by Jessie Durand

On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spoon the cashew mixture, only using about a spoonful for each patty. Pop it in the freezer for 30-45 minutes.

sweet, cookie, pastry, dough, meringue, candy, cake, dairy product
    Photo by Jessie Durand

While the filling is hardening, melt the chocolate and coconut oil. If you have a double boiler, use that, otherwise you can just use a heatproof bowl on top of a pot with boiling water. Do this over low heat to make sure you don't burn the chocolate. Let it cool for a few minutes.

chocolate, coffee, cereal, milk, sweet
    Photo by Jessie Durand

Pop the filling out of the freezer and loosen them from the parchment paper. Dunk each patty in the chocolate, making sure to evenly coat both sides. This has to be done quickly in order to make sure that the filling doesn't melt. Put the patties back onto the parchment paper.

chocolate, candy, sweet, cream, coffee, milk
    Photo by Jessie Durand

Pop the patties back into the freezer until fully hardened. I'd give it 15-20 minutes to be safe, but you could leave them in overnight if you'd like. Store in the fridge or freezer when done!

pizza
    Photo by Jessie Durand

Whether you're vegan or not, be sure to indulge in these peppermint patties. Have as many as you want because they're healthy AF. Bonus!