The holiday season is finally here! That means it's time for sweater weather, cuddling by a fire, and sipping on a peppermint mocha latte... or eating one! In pancake form, that is. While there's nothing wrong with the real deal from Starbucks, it's always fun to get creative in the kitchen and turn our beloved holiday latte flavor of chocolate and candy canes into food form. Plus, these decadent pancakes, once topped with coconut whip and cacao sauce, will leave you wondering if you just ate dessert for breakfast, but isn't that what adulting is all about?

Luckily, these pancakes are fairly quick and easy to whip up, meaning you will have plenty of time to partake in all of your favorite holiday events. Or you could spend your day making dozens of pancakes for your friends and family; it is the season of giving after all. So gather the ingredients and get whippin' and flippin' so you can Netflix and chomp on a massive stack of these peppermint mocha pancakes!

#SpoonTip: I heavily encourage following in Buddy the Elf's footsteps by dousing your pancakes in maple syrup. No shame.

Peppermint Mocha Pancakes with Coconut Whip and Cacao Sauce

Miranda Knight

Prep Time: 20 mins

Cook Time: 20 mins

Total Time: 40 mins

Servings: About 6-8 Pancakes

For Pancakes

1 cup All-Purpose Flour (or flour of choice)

1 tbsp. Baking Powder

1/2 tsp. Salt

2 tbsp. Sugar (optional)

1/4 cup Cacao or Cocoa Powder

1 cup Sweetened Soymilk (or preferred plant-milk)

1 tsp Peppermint Extract

For Coconut Whip

1 can Coconut Milk, chilled in refrigerator overnight

2 tbsp. Powdered Sugar

A Dash of Vanilla Extract

For Cacao Sauce

2 tbsp. Cacao Powder

2 tbsp. Sugar (I used coconut sugar)

About 1 tbsp. Hot Water

Step One

Miranda Knight

Prep the coconut whip and cacao sauce. To make the coconut whip, scoop the solid coconut cream out of the can into a medium sized bowl, leaving behind the liquid. Using a hand mixer, mix the solids, adding in sugar and vanilla extract halfway through. Store in fridge until ready for use (also will last for a few days). For the cacao sauce, put dry ingredients into a small cup or bowl, pour warm water on top and whisk, adding water as needed for desired consistency.

Step Two

Miranda Knight

For the pancake mix, start by whisking together all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.

Step Three

Miranda Knight

Now mix in the soymilk and peppermint extract, whisking until there are no clumps. You won't want to be biting into chunks of powder in your pancakes.

Step Four

Miranda Knight

Pour batter onto a pan and cook on medium heat until the top begins to bubble. Flip the pancake, and cook for about 30 seconds to a minute. Continue this until all batter is used up. This should make about 6-8 pancakes, depending on how much you pour onto your pan!

Step Five

Miranda Knight

Plate your pancakes and top them with the coconut whip, cacao sauce, and (if you're feeling extra festive) crushed candy cane! I can guarantee you'll be fully immersed into the holiday spirit after a single bite. Bonus points if you lick the plate clean!