Papaya Boat Facts

These papaya boats will introduce you to a whole new world! Papayas are shaped similar to pears. Its flesh is orange and has many seeds, which are edible but bitter. Papaya is a great source of dietary fiber and is very low in calories. Papaya is a great way to get more Vitamin C in to help boost your immune system. Papayas contain healthy antioxidants known as carotenoids. Carotenoids are what give the papaya that orange/yellow color. Carotenoids may help with preventing eye disease. 

Daily Serving

Getting in your daily fruit serving is very important because most adults do not. Depending on your age and sex guidelines vary. It is recommended by the CDC that adults eat about 1½ to 2 cups per day of fruit. Having a diet rich in fruit may help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, obesity, type 2 diabetes, and other chronic illnesses.

Isabella Ancona

1/2 papaya

1 kiwi

1/3 cup of mango

1/4 cup of blueberries

1/4 cup of raspberries

1 tbsp of unsweetened shredded coconut

1/2 cup of coconut yogurt

2 mint leaves

a drizzle of agave

Directions

1. Cut papaya in half and scrape out seeds.

2. Fill the half with yogurt and the toppings.

3. Enjoy your customized papaya boat!

Papaya boats is a super refreshing way to get in your servings for fruit. I filled mine up with coconut yogurt, kiwi, mango, blueberries, raspberries, chia seeds, coconut shreds, mint, and coconut agave. However, you can add what you want to it. Instead of coconut yogurt, you can add a smoothie. This allows you to be creative and learn new ways to get more servings of fruit. 

Look at Why You Should Eat More Papaya!