If you’ve ever been to Blue Moon Diner then you know they’re easily the best pancakes in town. I had the opporunity to sit down with Blue Moon’s pros and talk about pancake making tips, inspiration and how to make your pancakes, well, just hype.

Cooking tips from the pancake pros

According to Blue Moon, the best way to make quality pancakes is to enure the recipe you use has both baking soda and baking powder. This will guarantee that you get that cakey, fluffy goodness every time.

When actually preparing your pancakes make sure to never over-mix your batter. It’s okay to have lumps in your batter, trust me…or rather Blue Moon. Lastly, make sure to use a hot griddle when you’re cooking these breakfast treats up. Nobody likes an undercooked pancake.

The perfect inspiration

Blue Moon loves to create fun and unique pancake dishes for their weekend brunch menu. These creations often include seasonal fruits or funky ingredient combinations like pineapple and bacon, or even rosemary infused whipped cream.

Their tip to anything but plain pancakes is to first think about your favorite fruits, spices or flavor combinations. Next, think about how best to incorporate them. Consider either adding the ingredients to your batter, or perhaps using them as a topping for your pancakes.

Create your signature

In addition to the general quality of their pancakes, Blue Moon is famously known for their powdered sugar stencils that show up on top of every pancake served. Add some flare to your pancakes by topping them with whipped cream (see below), fruit, jam, chocolate or other sweets.

Or if you’re a bad-ass chef, feeling generally adventurous, or just a Blue Moon diehard create a stencil. Place you unique stencil on top of a cooked pancake, then sprinkle powdered sugar or coco powder on top.

At the end our interview, Blue Moon revealed two recipes for me to dabble with:

1. Vanilla Whipped Cream

2. Herb or Flower Whipped Cream

I dare you to try and master Blue Moon’s delicious recipes below.

Vanilla Whipped Cream

• Prep Time:1 minute
  • Cook Time:5 minutes
  • Total Time:6 minutes

• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
Photo by Jacqueline O'Reilly

Measure out all your ingredients

Photo by Jacqueline O'Reilly

Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.

Photo by Jacqueline O'Reilly

Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, mix the ingredients until thick. Takes about 3 to 5 minutes. Enjoy.

Herb or Flower Whipped Cream

• Prep Time:1 minute
  • Cook Time:5 minutes
  • Total Time:3 hours and 6 minutes

• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 3 tablespoon lavender or other flower/herb
  • 1 ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Photo by Jacqueline O'Reilly

Put the cream and Lavender (or other flower/herb) in a ziplock bag, and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Overnight is better.

Photo by Jacqueline O'Reilly

Measure out all other ingredients.

Photo by Jacqueline O'Reilly

Place the infused cream in a large mixing bowl with the other ingredients.

Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, mix the ingredients until thick.Takes about 3 to 5 minutes.