Bananas, banana muffins, banana ice-cream, banana pudding, banana pancakes  - the list goes on. Whether it's an addition to your smoothie or the filling to a delicious cupcake, bananas are an extremely versatile kitchen staple. Thanks to their mushy texture, they are a baby's delight and a tonsillectomy patient's best friend. Bananas are also high in many vitamins and nutrients - especially potassium. Paleo Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is just one example of a delicious banana treat that will blow your mind.

There are many common misconceptions about a paleo diet. While some think that paleo eaters eat strictly meat, fruits, and vegetables, and can never indulge in anything, there are actually delicious paleo dessert and snack recipes out there to satisfy your sweet tooth. Check out @rachLmansfield to find countless paleo muffins, breads, cookies, brownies, and more! Here is one of my own personal favorites with a tasty twist.

Paleo Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

• Wet Ingredients:
  • 3 medium-sized ripe bananas
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • Dry Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Bella Caponiti

Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Grease a loaf tin and set aside.

Bella Caponiti

In a large bowl, mash the bananas and add in the rest of the wet ingredients.

Bella Caponiti

Add in the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.

Bella Caponiti

Add in the chocolate chips.

Bella Caponiti

Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Check the bread periodically after 25 minutes (it is finished when you stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean).

Bella Caponiti

#SpoonTip: Take the banana bread out of the oven just before you think it it's totally done because it will cook a little bit more outside of the oven and it tastes best when it's moist on the inside. 

Although though this recipe seems like a dessert, it can be loaded with nut butter, non-dairy yogurt, and berries to create a decadent French toast that you can enjoy for breakfast. This banana bread recipe is gluten free, dairy free, grain free, contains no artificial sweeteners, and can be made vegan if you substitute a flax egg. It is a scrumptious dessert that will put your over-ripe bananas to good use and satisfy your sweet tooth without spiking your blood sugar. 

If you have leftovers, be sure to store your banana bread in the fridge for about a week and in the freezer for 2-4 months. 

Bella Caponiti

Check out another version of the bread for all you peanut-butter lovers:

And another with walnuts and chai to spice it up:

Bring this banana bread to your next family dinner, neighborhood barbecue, or work lunch - it surely is a crowd pleaser!