Whether you’re cramming for finals or just have an insane week at school, finding healthy dishes that you can prepare quickly can be a challenge. These one-dish wonders are a perfect, easy way to get the nutrition you need in one quick, easy meal. Whether it’s my no-salt, no-oil pepper & parsley pasta, Cajun chicken with remoulade, or brown rice stir-fry, all of these super easy recipes will fill you up and prepare you for a few more hours of studying.
Pepper & Parsley Pasta
2 cups cooked pasta (I use brown rice & quinoa pasta)
½ bell pepper, diced
½ cup red tomato sauce
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
1. In a small non-stick frying pan, saute diced bell pepper until tender.
2. Add cooked pasta and tomato sauce and allow the ingredients to combine.
3. Toss in the fresh parsley and you’re done! Top with lots of parmesan cheese and enjoy.
Cajun Chicken with Remoulade Sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ red bell pepper, diced
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
¾ cup bread crumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons creole seasoning
2 tablespoons mayo
¾ cup mayo
3 green onions, thinly sliced
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon creole seasoning
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a stir-fry pan, heat the olive oil.
2. Add bell pepper, green onions, and garlic and cook until tender.
3. Once tender, add in chopped chicken, bread crumbs, egg, creole seasoning and mayo and stir until combined. Allow to cook for 5-10 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the mayo, sliced green onions, garlic powder, creole seasoning and parsley. This can be made ahead of time and is a great sauce for dipping any kind of meat into.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, serve with mixed greens and remoulade sauce and enjoy.
Brown Rice Stir-Fry
1 bag microwaveable brown rice (I love the Trader Joe’s version)
Assorted fresh or frozen vegetables
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup General Tso’s sauce (Trader Joe’s has a great version, or any other Asian stir-fry sauce)
½ cup tofu (optional)
1. Cook the microwaveable rice according to the directions on the package.
2. In the meantime, heat the oil in a stir fry pan and add either fresh or frozen vegetables.
3. Once the vegetables are tender, add in the brown rice, tofu (if desired) and the stir-fry sauce of your choice.
4. Cook for about five minutes, then serve.