There's nothing better than a nice glass of old-fashioned eggnog for the holidays...especially when it can get you drunk. This spiked eggnog will give you the satisfaction of the holidays with the alcohol to get you through the relatives. With just a little effort, you can whip up this baby in 20 minutes and instantly serve.

Old-Fashioned Eggnog

• 3½ cups heavy cream divided
  • 6 eggs
  • 1½ cups sugar
  • Pinch kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup dark rum
  • 1/2 cup whiskey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg with more for garnish
yogurt, sweet, tea, dairy product, cream, coffee, milk
Casey Hack

Heat 2½ cups of the cream in a large saucepan over medium-low heat until it begins to simmer. Make sure it doesn't come to a boil.

GIF by Casey Hack

Whisk the eggs, sugar and salt together in a large bowl, while the cream is heating. Ladle 1 cup of the warm cream mixture and pour it into the egg mixture slowly, but whisking constantly.

GIF by Casey Hack

Scrape the egg mixture into the saucepan. Continue to cook, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, until it thickens and coats the back of the spatula.

GIF by Casey Hack

Run the mixture through a strainer into a clean bowl. Allow it to cool for 15 minutes, but keep stirring occasionally.

GIF by Casey Hack

Whisk in the rum, whiskey, vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of the nutmeg.

GIF by Casey Hack

Whip the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream. Stop when soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the eggnog mixture. Make sure the whipped cream is fully incorporated.

GIF by Casey Hack

Serve immediately. Top each serving with a sprinkle of nutmeg. The eggnog can sit in the fridge for up to 3 days. Make sure to whisk gently before serving.

GIF by Casey Hack