Do you ever wake up craving something sweet, but don't want to indulge in pancakes or waffles and undo yesterday's work at the gym? Well for those mornings, I have the perfect solution. Dessert-inspired oatmeal is a healthy alternative to the less healthy options for a toothsome breakfast. These oatmeal recipes are not only nutritious (and vegan), but they also taste just like some of your favorite desserts. Each recipe for oatmeal is inspired by a different dessert: carrot cake, cinnamon roll and chocolate chip cookie. I promise, these won't disappoint.

Carrot Cake Oatmeal

What you'll need: Rolled oats, vanilla almond milk, a carrot, pecans, maple syrup, nutmeg, cinnamon, shredded coconut and raisins (optional).

How to make it: Start by peeling and grating the carrot as well as chopping the pecans until they are about the size of an oat. Cook your oats in almond milk on the stove, according to package directions. When they are done cooking, but while still on the heat, add in about a teaspoon of cinnamon and half a teaspoon of nutmeg, and stir until it is well combined. Remove the pot from the heat, then mix in the carrot shreds and pecans. Pour the oatmeal into a bowl, then top with raisins and coconut and add a good drizzle of maple syrup.

Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal

What you'll need: Rolled oats, vanilla almond milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, light brown sugar, maple syrup.

How to make it: Cook the oats in the almond milk on the stove, according to package directions. While they are cooking, make a crumble to use as a topping by combining three tablespoons of light brown sugar with two tablespoons of maple syrup. When the oats are almost done cooking, stir in a teaspoon of cinnamon and a tablespoon of vanilla extract. Once it is done, pour the oatmeal into a bowl, and add the crumble on top as well as a sprinkle of cinnamon. 

#SpoonTip: For a more indulgent version, add a glaze on top by mixing together one ounce of vegan cream cheese (microwave until warm), one tablespoon of almond milk, five tablespoons of sugar and a dash of vanilla extract.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Oatmeal

What you'll need: Rolled oats, vanilla almond milk, a ripe banana, cacao nibs or vegan chocolate chips, vanilla extract, peanut butter (optional).

How to make it: Begin by "melting" the banana in the microwave until it is caramelized and gooey. Cook the oats in almond milk on the stove, according to the package directions. When the oats are almost done, stir in a tablespoon of vanilla extract and the melted banana. When it is done, pour the oatmeal into a bowl. Let it cool for one minute in the bowl, then stir in the cacao nibs. For some extra flavor, add a tablespoon of peanut butter on top. 

So there you have it: three nourishing, dessert oatmeal mini recipes that can each be made in under ten minutes. Next time you find yourself craving something sugary for breakfast, try one of these instead. It should satisfy your dessert cravings without having to break your diet (or your bank account).