In 2017, Norway surpassed Denmark to become the happiest country in the world. So, what is the secret to their happiness? Is it the socialist government? Or being surrounded by all the attractive Scandinavian people? I think it's the pancakes. How could anyone be sad while munching down on some delicious Norwegian pancakes?

I was introduced to Norwegian Pancakes by a friend of mine from Norway who moved to the U.S. for a year during my junior year of High School. Recently, she returned to the U.S. and I was reintroduced to this yummy treat. After posting a picture of our brunch on every social media, we instantly became #brunchgoals. Lucky for you, I am sharing the wealth so you can become #brunchgoals with me.  

Norwegian Pancakes

• 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 Tablespoons melted salted butter or add 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • more butter for frying up the pancakes
pie
Blair Baker

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. The batter should run off the whisk when you lift it, but should be thick enough to leave a substantial residue on the whisk.

batter, sweet, cream, milk, dairy product, egg
    Blair Baker

In a hot, nonstick skillet, fry 1/4 cup batter at a time in a little bit of butter. Tilt the pan to spread the pancake into a large circle. Flip once the top appears to be set and the bottom begins to brown.

egg, sweet, flour, bread, dairy product, pancake
    Blair Baker

Serve with your toppings of choice. In Norway these are served with some jam or granulated sugar, but I chose berries and whipped cream. The pancakes are not very sweet, so you can add sweet toppings without this dish being overwhelmingly sweet.

pizza, cheesecake, cake
    Blair Baker

Traditionally these pancakes are served for dinner after tomato soup, but why not combine American and Norwegian culture and eat them for both brunch and dinner?