Finals week is finally here. All of the dreaded hours of studying and terrifying two hours where your semester comes to a close.  To celebrate the little victories, I usually find myself thinking of new recipes to whip up for my friends who are looking for something delicious to eat.  This classic family recipe for no bake PB and chocolate cookies is a simple, yet super delicious snack that everyone is bound to love at your next cramming session. 

For those of us who are looking to start our New Years Resolutions a little early this year, I will add some simple ingredient substitutions near the bottom of this page that will still satisfy your sweet tooth.

No Bake Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookies

• Cook Time:10 secs
  • Total Time:5 mins 10 secs

• 1 stick butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup + a tbsp cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 3 cups oats
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
chocolate, sweet, candy, cookie
Savannah Phillips

Grab your favorite stovetop pot and melt the stick of butter in the pot over medium-high heat

Madeline Wilson

Once the butter is melted, add the sugar to the pot one cup at a time, continually stirring until the ingredients are combined

Madeline Wilson

Add the milk and stir, then add the cocoa, the peanut butter, and the vanilla, and stir until there is a homogenous mixture

Madeline Wilson

Once the ingredients are fully combined, turn off the heat and begin adding the oats one cup at a time, quickly stirring to fold the oats into all the wet ingredients.

Madeline Wilson

After the oats are combined, place 1 -1 1/2 tbsp of the mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper until all the mixture has been laid out

Madeline Wilson

Place the cookie sheet into a cool place for 2 hours or until completely cooled then enjoy!

chocolate, sweet, candy, cookie
    Savannah Phillips

For a healthier alternative, swap out the stick of butter with 1/2 a cup of coconut oil. You can also use all natural peanut butter (the kind you HAVE to stir) instead of PB that has any additives in it. Finally, use a cup of all natural maple syrup instead of 2 cups of sugar!

Enjoy and good luck with finals!