As someone who ran her own baking business, the lack of a full kitchen (no oven or stove) at my college makes my life very difficult. I have to create food somehow. So over the past semester I have been gathering a folder of recipes on my computer and adapting them to be college "kitchen" friendly. This recipe is part of a series of recipes I have deemed dorm friendly that feed my stress baking need. I present to you dorm mango ice cream.

My favorite thing about mangoes is due to the fact that they have two peak seasons, they are pretty easy to find all year round. Mangoes go well with coconut, so this recipe is easy to substitute coconut milk products in for the diary products to make it vegan. This fresh sweet treat also goes well with chocolate or whipped cream.

Mango Ice Cream

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 5 mins

• 1 ripe mango
  • 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
  • 3 TBL sugar
vegetable, dairy product, cream
Sam Jesner

Cut mango off pit into small chunks. You can remove the peel if you wish, but this isn't necessary.

mango, sweet, apple
    Sam Jesner

Blend mango with heavy cream and sugar until even and slightly whipped.

mango, ice, cream
    Sam Jesner

Freeze for at least an hour or overnight.

guacamole, dairy product, bread, vegetable, soup, cream
    Sam Jesner

Serve!

bread, milk, sweet, dairy product, cream
    Sam Jesner

I have found since testing this recipe on my friends, that fruity ice cream might just be the next big thing. I use this recipe for a creative twist on getting some fruit in my diet (it doesn't count as ice cream if it's got fruit). I hope it encourages you to great creative in your dorm room. There's lots you can make without a kitchen, you've just got to think outside the box.