For me, comfort food is a nice, juicy burger on a empty stomach, a bowl full of mac-n-cheese after a hard exam or, my personal favorite, warm banana pancakes on a cold, rainy morning. I crave these comfort foods every now and then, but I’ve recently been on a health kick so all of the comfort foods I love with a fiery passion have been modified. Some recipes are better than others, but honestly, the flour-less banana pancakes are by far my favorite modified comfort food.

Honestly, nothing says “good morning” quite like a stack of pancakes. My recipe for flour-less pancakes is easy and can be made in less than 10 minutes with minimal ingredients. So if you’re trying to watch your carbs and waistline, but you still want some comfort food, you should definitely try this recipe!

Flour-less banana pancakes

• 2 eggs
  • 1 ½ bananas
  • 1 tbs peanut butter
  • Maple syrup or honey to garnish
Shelby Cohron

Place two eggs and 1 banana in a bowl. Mix the two ingredients together until a batter is made. There should be no chunks of banana.

Shelby Cohron

Thinly slice ½ of the second banana, and melt 1 tbs of peanut butter in the microwave. Add peanut butter to batter.

Shelby Cohron

Spoon batter onto warm pan and place one or two slices of the banana half in the cooking batter. Then spoon a little more batter on top of the banana slices and flip pancake.

Shelby Cohron

Garnish pancakes with remaining banana slices, and drizzle maple syrup or honey on top. You can add another tbs of peanut butter for protein and taste.

Shelby Cohron

Enjoy!!

Shelby Cohron

These flour-less banana pancakes are great for a morning protein boost or if you don’t feel like having the same boring bowl of cereal. Next time you’re craving some good ole’ fashion pancakes give this recipe a try. It’ll have you singing Jack Johnson’s “Banana Pancakes” the rest of the day.