Thinking about making something easy and impressive for your significant other? With minimal effort for their (and your) satisfaction, this rich and decadent delicious goodness will be the perfect way to wow your special someone this Valentine’s Day. The Hershey’s kisses add an unexpected and tasty spin to your average cookie, which pairs perfectly with the classic red velvet. Snuggle up and enjoy.

Red Velvet Crinkle Kisses

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:15 minutes
  • Total Time:30 minutes
  • Servings:2 dozen

• 1 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
  • Red food coloring
  • Unwrapped Hershey's Kisses

Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Cream together the butter and sugar, and add the vanilla extract and eggs until well combined.

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Add all of the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Add enough food coloring to get your desired color.

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Place the dough in a bowl and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours and maximum to overnight.

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Preheat oven to 350ºF, line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper.

Use a small ice cream scoop to form little balls of dough, coat them in confectioner’s sugar, and place them a couple inches apart on the baking sheets.

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, remove them from the oven, let them sit for 2 minutes, and place a little Hershey’s kiss on the center of the cookie.

Enjoy!

Photo by Hana Brannigan