Pumpkin bread is my absolute favorite thing to make during the fall months. For a particularly indulgent take, add dark chocolate chunks to the batter. Fresh pumpkin is the secret ingredient. I love cutting into a loaf straight out of the oven to enjoy a thick slice and see the orange flakes. The only way it gets better is by making pumpkin bread French toast for breakfast the next morning.

As far as French toast recipes go, this one is killer. That first hot, gooey bite will make your whole body melt from the heavenly taste of fresh pumpkin. This recipe is perfect for Sunday mornings; you know you did the weekend right when you get to indulge in homemade pumpkin bread French toast for breakfast.

Pumpkin Bread

• Prep Time:25 minutes
  • Cook Time:50-60 minutes
  • Total Time:1 hour 25 minutes
  • Servings:2 loaves

• 3 cup spelt flour
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup light olive oil
  • 1/2 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
  • 2 cup coconut sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cup freshly grated pumpkin

Preheat oven to 325° F.

Whisk together the spelt flour, sea salt, baking soda, baking powder, and ground cinnamon.

In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, light olive oil, unsweetened applesauce, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and grated pumpkin.

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.

Pour batter into two butter-greased loaf pans.

Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Enjoy!

Incredible Pumpkin Bread French Toast

• Prep Time:5 min
  • Cook Time:6 min
  • Total Time:11 min

• 2 thick slices of incredible pumpkin bread
  • 1 egg
  • 4 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Copious amounts of real Maple Syrup

In a flat dish, crack the egg; add almond milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Whisk with a fork until all ingredients are well combined.

Heat a medium sized frying pan with enough butter to cover the bottom of the pan.

Place both slices of pumpkin bread in the batter and let the bread soak for one minute on each side.

Transfer both slices of batter-dipped pumpkin bread into the frying pan. Cook for three minutes on each side. Serve hot and drizzle with pure maple syrup, if desired.