Whether you know them as magic cookie bars or seven layer bars, this dessert is so incredible that the name truly is fitting. I’ve yet to meet a person who does not like Magic Cookie Bars, hence why they are the perfect item to bring to your next party this holiday season. No one will be disappointed when they sink their teeth into these delectably rich (and addicting!) better-than-blondies. Hope you guys enjoy them half as much as I do– and shoutout to Claudia Sheer for introducing me to this phenomenal recipe.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: About 40 minutes
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut shavings
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Melt 1 full stick of butter (1/2 cup).
3. Mix 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together in a mixing bowl.
4. Line a 9×13 inch pan with graham cracker mixture.
5. Cover the surface with 1 1/2 cup sweetened coconut shavings.
6. Spread 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butterscotch chips on top of the shavings.
7. Pour 1 can sweetened condensed milk over the other ingredients.
8. Bake for 20 minutes.
9. Let cool for 1 hour. (I usually put them in the fridge to speed things up.)
10. Enjoy this truly amazing dessert and marvel at how little effort it took!