With it being Thanksgiving weekend and you meeting with family and attending a Friendsgiving, make some fun chocolate-covered strawberry turkeys to satisfy the sweet tooth while having fun.

Even if your chocolate-covered strawberry turkeys do not come out looking exactly like a turkey (like most of ours), they are still a delicious snack and a fun baking process if you do it with a friend.

We used milk chocolate, but feel free to use dark or white chocolate instead! We tried to make some strawberry turkeys, and here's how it turned out!

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Turkeys

• 1 box strawberries
  • 1 bag mini marshmallows
  • 1 bag pretzel sticks
  • 1 bag chocolate melting wafers
Amanda Clark

While you are melting the chocolate wafers (we used Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Flavored Melting Wafers), clean the strawberries and cut the top off of each strawberry. Then dip the tip of the pretzel sticks into the melted chocolate and press it through a mini marshmallow.

Amanda Clark

Next, dip the marshmallows into the melted chocolate and press it on each side of a strawberry — hold until it is dry. The chocolate should dry within a minute, if not sooner. Depending on the size of each strawberry, you might need to cut some of the pretzels off so they are not too long.

Amanda Clark

Finally, dip the entire strawberry with those pretzel legs in the chocolate to cover them completely. Then, let it dry in the fridge for approximately 5 minutes and enjoy for dessert!

Amanda Clark

Hopefully, your chocolate-covered strawberry turkeys come out resembling a turkey more than ours did, but one thing is for sure: they are delicious.