As a kid I loved trick-or-treating and competing with my siblings who had the most candy at the end of the night. Sad to say those days are long over, and now I resort to my mom sending me a care package every Halloween filled to the brim with candy. 

But as a college student trying to live a healthy lifestyle, all that candy ends up being thrown out or given away to friends. And your roommates wind up getting mad when there are five bags of candy lying around your apartment.

But now you can impress your roommates by using up all that extra candy by making a cookie cake. 

Candy Cookie Cake

• 2 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup or 2 sticks butter
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs room temperature
  • 2 cup leftover candy I used Snickers Hershey Bars Reese's Cups M&Ms and Hershey's Cookies 'n' Cream bars
chocolate, cookie, cake
Lindsay DeMunno

Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 9 inch pie dish or cake pan. Cut up the candy into bite size pieces.

chocolate, candy, sweet, cookie, cake
    Lindsay DeMunno

Cream together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Beat eggs in one at a time until light and fluffy.

sweet, dairy product, chocolate, cream, milk, cake
    Lindsay DeMunno

Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Gradually beat in flour mixture into wet mixture. Fold in your candy leaving room for the top.

sweet, cream, milk, dairy product, dairy
    Lindsay DeMunno

Spread the mixture into the pie dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Top the cookie cake with extra cut up candy. Cool and serve.

chocolate, sweet, candy, cookie, cake, goody, pastry, toffee
    Alexi Stathakis

You can add whatever candy you like to this cookie cake and even use prepackaged dough to make it easier on yourself. Whatever you choose to do, you and your roommates will be more than happy that you got rid of that extra Halloween candy.