One thing I have found myself recently trapped by is how to recommend boba flavors to someone who is not familiar with different teas. Fresh, sweet, refreshing - all of these words do not sound right to differentiate the various tea bases for boba. That's probably because you may have little knowledge of which tea base the boba is made up of. Today, I will spill the tea about boba, and tell you the 4 best tea bases that you absolutely have to try.

#1. Black Tea

Both black tea and green tea are the most popular tea bases when it comes to making milk tea. There are various kinds of black tea available to use as tea base, but the well-known ones are Assam tea and Celyon tea. 

Assam tea originates from India, and it is named after Assam, the region in which it is produced. As the world's largest tea-growing region in terms of production, Assam gives its tea an unique, rosy flavor. Given its dense taste, a cup of warm milk tea made of from Assam tea could definitely be your top choice.

Originated from Sri Lanka, Celyon tea is known for its briskness and health benefits. Whether hot or iced, Celyon tea can always nourish your body. Not only Celyon tea can help with weight loss, but it also helps reduce blood pressure and enhance your immune system due to its richness in antioxidants. 

#2. Green Tea

You might find black tea base a bit too dense for a cup of milk tea. Guess what? You are not alone. We have green tea to lighten up the flavor! Green tea bases range from Jasmine Green tea, to Oolong tea, to matcha. They are all similar in one way: that is their light flavor. 

Like black tea, green tea has multiple health benefits such as improving brain function and lowering chances of developing cancer. Green tea is also a great substitute for coffee. So, if you are looking for a healthy drink that can also stimulate your brain, try green tea!

#3. Fruit Tea

Aside from the traditional tea bases, fruit tea and even fruits as toppings have gradually become a trend in the world of boba. A lot of people might find traditional boba interfering with their sleep patterns, but fruit tea would never put that burden on your sleeping schedule. Made from fresh fruit, the fruity milk tea would be a good choice if you want to lighten up your mood or cool yourself down. 

#4. Brown Sugar Milk Tea

This might not necessarily fall in the category of tea base, but who can resist the temptation of fresh milk with the creaminess of brown sugar? Adding to its condensed texture, brown sugar milk tea is always aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. If you are looking for a drink that is sweet and fulfilling, it is time for a brown sugar milk tea!

Do you know more about your tea base now? Refreshing, creamy, or healthy - no matter what type of tea base you are looking for, grabbing a cup of boba on a cozy afternoon is always fulfilling for boba lovers.