We've all had our fair share of Jell-O, whether it be bowls of it on those blistering hot days during our childhood or one too many Jell-O shots at a Super Bowl Party circa 2015. It's a fan favorite, and never fails to please crowds of all ages.

This recipe takes the classic strawberry flavor and throws some more ingredients in there, making it a kind of Jell-O like you've never seen. Forget the shots, try this sweet strawberry banana Jell-O that's ultra satisfying, even when you don't really have an occasion to celebrate.

Strawberry Banana Jell-O

• 1 large box strawberry Jell-O
  • 2-3 cups boiling water
  • 20 oz frozen strawberries
  • 2 bananas
  • 20 oz can crushed pineapple
  • 1/2 cup walnuts
  • 8 oz sour cream
berry, sweet, vegetable
Stefanie Dyga

Gather your ingredients and combine 2/3 cups boiling water to strawberry Jell-O mix in a large bowl. Stir until mixture has completely dissolved.

banana, dairy product, bread, cheese
    Stefanie Dyga

Thaw one 20oz bag of strawberries and combine with Jell-O mix in bowl.

Stefanie Dyga

Mash 2 bananas (I used a potato masher, but you can use any utensil that does the trick) and spoon into Jell-O bowl.

Stefanie Dyga

Drain one 20oz can of crushed pineapple and add to bowl.

vegetable
    Stefanie Dyga

Chop 1/2 cup walnuts either with your fists, a knife, or a glass chopper and add to mixture.

pepper, sauce, tomato, vegetable, chili
    Stefanie Dyga

Stir ingredients together and pour half of the contents into a large glass container. Let freeze for 15 minutes.

Stefanie Dyga

Spread a thick layer of sour cream across the top with a spatula or spreader. Pour the rest of the mixture on top, refrigerate, and serve when chilled for long enough.

milk, cake, dairy product, cream
    Stefanie Dyga

#SpoonTip: To help you get the most out of this recipe:

1) Cool Whip will work just as well as sour cream, feel free to substitute.

2.) Mix up the fruit choices – peaches, blueberries, or any tropical fruit will taste fantastic too.