There are two things college kids can't say no to: ice cream and shots. They are both essential to the college life, and I know you already love where this is going. Introducing: a Jack Daniel's Brown Sugar Ice Cream recipe you can make at home for when you need a break from exams, or just want to have a good night

A few notes before you get started:

- If you don't know how to separate the yolk from the egg whites, the easiest way to do so is the water bottle trick

- There is a difference between heavy cream and heavy whipping cream

- For this recipe, you can use pretty much any whiskey, bourbon, or brandy. 

#SpoonTip: If you want a stronger kick to your ice cream, pour a shot of your leftover alcohol from this recipe to turn it into a boozy float.

Now, bring out those bottles and scream for that ice cream! 

Jack Daniel's Brown Sugar Ice Cream

• Prep Time:1 hr 20 mins
  • Cook Time:3 hrs
  • Total Time:4 hrs 20 mins

• 6 eggs yolks
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1 vanilla bean
  • 1/4 cup Whiskey Jack Daniel's
cream, sweet, ice, chocolate, dairy product, goody, milk, strawberry
Alyssa Nurre

Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Then, combine the yolks with the dark brown sugar, whisk, and set aside.

chocolate, cream, egg, custard
    Alyssa Nurre

In a medium-deep pot, combine the heavy cream and milk. Cut the vanilla pod by its length and scrape the vanilla seeds out with a knife. Put the seeds and vanilla pod into the pot. Leave the pot on medium heat until it starts to bubble around the edges. Make sure to stir occasionally.

milk, cream, tea, coffee, dairy product, soup
    Alyssa Nurre

When the contents of the pot start to bubble, remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for 15-20 minutes, covered. Remove and discard the vanilla pod. After the resting period, reheat the pot on medium heat until it starts to bubble again.

coffee, espresso, cappuccino, tea, milk
    Alyssa Nurre

Uncover and slowly pour the mixture of yolk and brown sugar into the pot. Constantly stir until it thickens and you start to smell the mouthwatering vanilla and brown sugar. Mmm. You know this is going to be some good sh*t.

coffee, milk, cream, espresso, chocolate, gravy, cappuccino, dairy product
    Alyssa Nurre

Remove from heat, transfer the liquid into a bowl, and mix in the whiskey. Chill in an ice bath for about 20 minutes. Transfer the liquid into a shallower container like a glass or stainless steel pan, then stick it in the freezer.

Alyssa Nurre

Stir once or twice in 30-minute increments to make it smoother, then let it sit for about 3 hours until it's frozen enough to be served. Enjoy!

beer, wine, liquor, alcohol, ice
    Alyssa Nurre