I know when I went vegan, I was curious as to what exactly vegans eat for breakfast? I thought I would just end up eating oatmeal for breakfast everyday. It was not until I discovered all of the beautiful vegan recipes on Instagram that I realized how many vegan options are available to us. With just a little creativity, veganism isn't limiting at all. 

This fall, most of my favorite plant based Instagrammers and YouTubers shared a range of vegan breakfast recipes that I couldn't wait to try and, of course, share with my Spoon family. Whether you're a long time vegan or new to this whole plant-based thing, these recipes are sure to please all of your a.m. cravings. 

1. Apple Pie Oatmeal Bar

By Maddie Lymburner (@maddielymburner)

100% by far my favorite fall breakfast recipe on this list. If you only have time to make one of these recipes, make. This. One. Why? Because it tastes like f*cking apple pie. It's literally dessert for breakfast. I guarantee you cannot possibly have a bad day if you start your morning with one or two or five of these oatmeal bars. And if I'm wrong, make the recipe a second time, but with double the amount of maple syrup. 

No, but seriously, this recipe is not only delicious and creative, but is also loaded with healthy plant ingredients that will keep you energized for hours. Or give you a sugar high. Both work.

2. Morning Sweet Potato

By Maddie Lymburner (@maddielymburner)

I know having a whole sweet potato for breakfast sounds weird, but with the right toppings, sweet potatoes sure will replace your bowl of oats at the breakfast table this fall.

For one thing, they're already naturally sweet, so warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, nut butters or tahini, and dried fruit complement them perfectly. Also, breakfast sweet potatoes are the perfect make-ahead breakfast. They can be made with a few simple ingredients or with fancy toppers like coconut yogurt.

3. Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats

By Caitlin Shoemaker (@frommybowl)

Speaking of make-ahead breakfasts, these overnight oats have to be prepped the day before and are ready when you are the next day. Most importantly these oats are flavored with everyone's favorite fall flavor: pumpkin spice latte. They also have a natural fall look from the pumpkin purée. These overnight oats are seriously addicting, so get ready to embrace the fall spirit every morning for the rest of the year. 

4. Fluffy Banana Bread

By Caitlin Shoemaker (@frommybowl)

Ok, I'll be honest. Banana bread is tasty anytime of the year and is basically a way to normalize having cake for breakfast. I want to say this banana bread will be worth three to four days of breakfast, but we all know it'll be gone by the end of the day. Stop lying to yourself and just make double the recipe. 

5. Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

By @hotforfood

One sip of this pumpkin spice latte will make you wonder why Starbucks isn't making millions off of this drinks in the fall. Last fall I think I drank this smoothie at least three times a week from October to January. Just thinking about it now is making me crave it again.

This smoothie is incredibly creamy from the frozen bananas, thick pumpkin purée, and creamy plant milk. You won't even realize the lack of dairy in this smoothie. And as if that doesn't sound crave-worthy enough, this recipe adds dates and maple syrup for sweetness. This drink a literal slice of pumpkin pie in a glass. 

This smoothie reminds me of my childhood days when my sister and I would make ice cream milkshakes for breakfast and pretend they were "healthy smoothies." 

6. Pumpkin Spiced Muffins

By @hotforfood

Who doesn't love a homemade muffin for breakfast? Especially when it's flavored with warm spices like nutmeg and cinnamon. This muffin is oat-based, so it has more of a dense and crumbly consistency that I personally love. This recipe is the ultimate make-ahead breakfast because you can bake these muffins a night in advance and freeze or refrigerate them to last the entire week. You'll be impressing your classmates for days. 

7. Sweet Potato & Black Bean Breakfast Hash

By @sweetsimplevegan (picture #2)

This recipe is for all of my vegan friends who are fiends for a good savory breakfast. If you miss savory breakfasts like a classic morning omelet or a meaty potato hash, this sweet potato and black bean hash is exactly what you need.  

8. Fluffy Sweet Potato Pancake

By @sweetsimplevegan

These decadent pancakes are the perfect autumn brunch recipe that will please both your vegan and non-vegan friends. Honestly, who doesn't love eating warm fluffy pancakes with friends on a gloomy Sunday? 

9. Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls

By Tori Sterling

These are the perfect on-the-go breakfast that you can literally just throw in your bag for breakfast in the car or a quick snack between classes. These energy balls taste like pumpkin spice sugar cookie dough, but are loaded with nuts and seeds that will keep you energized throughout the day. I think half a cup of oats in the recipe makes them much more satisfying and delicious.  

10. Baked Oatmeal

By Cam & Nina

Trying baked oatmeal once makes it hard to ever eat a standard bowl of oats ever again. These baked oats have the fruit and seeds you would normally top oatmeal with baked into it. So, as you could imagine, this concoction is soft and sweet in the middle with a crunchy top. Baked oatmeal is super versatile because you can add any type of oats, nuts, sweetener, and fruit you're craving. One of the best parts of this recipe is that the smell of sweet baked oats wafting around your house sure will put you in the fall mood. 

And I am not exaggerating when I say you have to eat this straight out of the oven, topped with berries, syrup, and plant milk of your choice. 

A year ago I wouldn't have thought that there are ten tasty breakfast options available for vegans. But here I am, sharing  ten vegan breakfast recipes that are exclusively fall-inspired.

The point I'm trying to make is that vegans have options. Whether it's for breakfast, lunch, or dinner; and during winter or fall, you can be vegan anytime, anywhere, and you will actually enjoy it. 

Try one of these recipes, try all ten, or don't try any of them if you don't want to. But absolutely take a little time this fall season to treat yourself to a homemade meal.  Get creative in the kitchen and enjoy yourself.