Have you ever craved cookie dough? Of course you have! If you are looking for a cheap and delicious edible cookie dough then this irritable bowel syndome friendly edible cookie dough recipe then you've come to the right place. IBS is a disorder in the gut that some people have. Having this disorder means that certain foods trigger your stomach and cause you to get sick and have horrible stomach pains. Gluten, dairy, and soy are three very common triggers so I decided to focus on those ingredients in modifying this recipe.

This recipe is safe for your gut because it is gluten, dairy and soy free. This recipe was modified from an egg-less chocolate chip cookie dough recipe that I found online to create this delicious cookie dough.

There aren't many recipes out there that are friendly for those who have IBS, so I created this to give more options for those out there with this disorder. This IBS cookie dough recipe isn't necessarily a healthy alternative, it just uses substitutes to help make it gluten, dairy, and soy free. 

This recipe is very versatile and you could mix it up by adding coconut, nuts, coco powder or any other add-ins. This cookie dough is tasty either stored in the refrigerator or in the freezer. 

This is a very easy recipe to follow, and the best part is that it  takes only 5-10 minutes so you'll be able to satisfy your sweet tooth in no time. 

IBS Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

• Cook Time:0

• 1 stick unsalted dairy free butter softened
  • 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
  • 1 tablespoon almond milk plus 1 tablespoon if the dough seems too dry
  • 1/2 cup mini dairy free chocolate chips
Jenna Merony

Melt butter for 15 seconds then 10 seconds in microwave safe bowl.

Jenna Merony

Add in brown sugar.

Jenna Merony

With your hand mixer or whisk, cream together melted butter and brown sugar.

Jenna Merony

Add vanilla and salt, then mix.

Jenna Merony

Add in flour. The mixture may be crumbly but don't worry that is supposed to happen.

Jenna Merony

Add a tablespoon of Almond milk, and mix, if the dough still looks too dry add another tablespoon.

Jenna Merony

Fold in chocolate chips, add more if desired.

Jenna Merony

Store leftovers in the Freezer or refrigerator (I prefer freezer) and it can last up to three months.

Jenna Merony

Enjoy!