Living in a dorm means a lot of things; you don't have your pets to cuddle up with, and you yearn for your bed, but perhaps most importantly, the feeling of homemade baked goods seems like a precious commodity.

Even if you did have your mom, or grandma, or whoever is your baked good supplier with you, you probably still wouldn't be able to indulge in your favorite desserts. You know why? You probably don't even have a toilet in your room, much less an oven, so how are you supposed to be able to make yourself some baked goodness?

The good news is you don't need an oven to bring back this classic brownie recipe. Adapted from this microwave brownie recipe, all you need is a microwave. No, you're not dreaming. Microwave brownies are real. Just keep on scrolling.

#SpoonTip: Because this recipe uses milk, you have to refrigerate the brownies if you want to save them. Enjoy your piece of home from wherever you are.

Microwave Brownies

• 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 stick or 1/2 a cup butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Nonstick cooking spray
  • Microwave safe glass plan at least 8x8x2
  • 3 bowls at least 1 needs to be microwave safe
butter, chocolate, brownie
Photo courtesy of Tesa Blowey

Place the butter into your microwave safe bowl and put in it the microwave for 30 seconds. Once melted, take the bowl out, and add in the chocolate powder. Mix.

tea, coffee
    Gianna Emma

In another bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, and milk.

cake, egg
    Gianna Emma

In the last bowl, mix your baking powder, flour, salt and vanilla extract. Once mixed, add in the mixtures from the other two bowls.

Gianna Emma

Lastly, spray your microwave safe glass pan with nonstick cooking spray, and pour in the entire mixture. Then cook for 6 minutes in your microwave, and let cool for 2-3 minutes afterwards. Enjoy!

cookie, butter, peanut butter, peanut, brownie, chocolate
    Photo courtesy of Tesa Blowey