Baked potato, french fries, mashed potatoes, sweet potato fries, sweet potato bread, sweet potatoes mash, sweet potato casserole -- I think you get the point. There's a multitude of ways to prepare potatoes, some more favorable than others. 

Autumn is all about the cooler weather, pumpkin overload, and the best fall foods you can try before they disappear for the rest of the year. Fortunately for you, you won't have to be waiting around for these cinnamon roasted sweet potatoes until October rolls around. This easy and hearty recipe, inspired by allrecipe's, will have you making this dish in the middle of July.

Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes

• 2 large sweet potatoes
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
sweet, tofu
Wallis Linker

Preheat oven to 375° F

Lauren Gonzalez

Rinse and dry sweet potatoes then cut them into roughly 1 inch pieces

Lauren Gonzalez

On a large baking pan lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil, spread out the sweet potatoes

Lauren Gonzalez

Drizzle sweet potatoes with honey and olive oil

Lauren Gonzalez

Coat the sweet potatoes with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper

Lauren Gonzalez

Toss and mix the potatoes together with your hands to make sure each one is evenly coated

Lauren Gonzalez

Put in the oven and let it bake for 30 minutes until they are tender and glazed

Lauren Gonzalez

The fall dish you've been craving is now yours to try at home. The ingredients can be doubled according to the serving size you wish to serve. Added honey can be incorporated if you're trying to satisfy your sweet tooth.

There's no need to miss the flavors of fall just because you're away from home. This simple dish can be done from the comfort of your own home or dorm kitchen. It's also a great dish to try out this Thanksgiving that'll leave your family wanting seconds, and maybe even thirds.